"Sit down and feed, and welcome to our table." -William Shakespeare

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Donuts

Baked, not fried, and whole wheat, of course!

A special treat because Daddy had to work Saturday, and the promise of as-many-donuts-as-you-wish did seem to make up for it to all of us.

Unfortunately, I cannot give you the recipe, because it comes verbatim and ver-yum-tim out of Whole Foods for the Whole Family Cookbook. I can't improve upon the recipe. They really did come out light and fluffy like glazed donuts, though I was secretly hoping for cake donuts. The recipe would also makes decadent cinnamon rolls, which I will make next Friday night if Daddy has to work next Saturday.


And the vanilla-honey glaze? Let's just say there was plenty leftover until... there wasn't any leftover!!!

So sorry to torture you, but believe me, this cookbook is worth it's weight in gold!



"Angels can fly because they take themselves so lightly!"
-Fulton Sheen

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way. Something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."
-Fr. Alfred D'Souza

Carpe diem, or today, carpe donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment