"Sit down and feed, and welcome to our table." -William Shakespeare

Thursday, March 1, 2012

March is Home Remedy Month!

Well, it is at BreadwithHoney! In an attempt to get back to regular blogging, I'm going to share with lots of super-duper-simple remedies for all sorts of things.


***DISCLAIMER*** Maureen, owner of BreadwithHoney is neither a healthcare professional nor a certified herbalist. Any information here is for educational purposes only. Use at your own risk. Always cross-consult 3 published works before using any herbal remedy.***

My philosophy when it comes to home remedies is definitely to KEEP IT SIMPLE. Rosemary Gladstar wrote something like she'd rather see an herbalist who can use 1 herb in 50 ways than an herbalist who can use 50 herbs only 1 way. My lazy thought exactly!

I like to keep herbs around that are SAFE and versatile. Plus, using fewer herbs for more things keeps the herbal apothecary hogging only a reasonable number of kitchen cabinets!

Some of my favorites are ginger, lavender, tea tree, rose hips, raspberry leaf, peppermint, and geranium. Lavender is really the mother of my herbal repertoire. There used to be a book called "The Lavender Essential Oil Bible" which is out of print. And anyone who wants to make me really happy should feel free to find this book and send me a copy.... Anyway, lavender is as close as I've ever been to magic!

I hope you'll join me this month and glean some useful, or at least interesting, information.


"If the day and night be such that you greet them with joy, and life emits a fragrance like flowers and sweet-scented herbs, is more elastic, more immortal - that is your success. All nature is your congratulation, and you have cause momentarily to bless yourself."
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden

No comments:

Post a Comment